Friday, July 2, 2010

37 1/2 week update

So 37 weeks has come and gone! Wow- how this pregnacy flies by!

I had my 37 week appt today (though I'm almost 38 weeks now).. progress is about the same as last time.. cervix is starting to soften, but no dilation- which actually, I'm VERY ok with. I need these next 2 weeks to finish stuff up at work and try to get prepared for the baby! I still feel pretty good, so I'm no complaining about only 2 or 3 weeks more of this! My measurements are right on track, my blood pressure continues to be excellent and my weight gain is still at 23lbs total! All good-- the baby did show an irregular heartbeat again, but she said she see's this a lot and it's a common thing and either next week or even if it's not until the baby is born, she assures me the heart rate will be normal. She said if I need some reassurance, she can send me to a specialist to listen and read the heartbeat, but I opted not to do that. I trust my Dr very much and if she see's this a lot, then I'm really not worried at all. This time (versus last appt) the heart beat would be normal for a while, then add an extra beat... last time it was a regular extra beat in there... still fun to hear the beats, even if it's a little off. She said the heartbeats are still nice and strong, and if it was slow-- then she's be concerned, but the baby is very active still, so all is pretty normal.

Last weekend as great- we had our annual FFF Days (Forced Family Fun Days) at a cabin we rent in Siren WI. It's the perfect place for us, 4 bedrooms, tons of kid toys, sandbox and a pontoon for us to use. AND once again, Brady caught more fish than anyone with his sponge bob square pants fishing pole-- one day I'm going to get to use that pole! : )

Henry had a blast--with grandpa there to chase him, grandma to spoil him, and Brady to play with him... he was in heaven! He was a very good boy the whole trip-- potty training sort of got put on hold while we were gone, but I expected that I guess.. but as of yesterday, he was doing good at school- just 1 accident. At home he is a little more hit and miss-- he also likes to "stand" while peeing now... he's been asking or telling me he wants to stand for a few weeks, so we do that when he wants too-- he can't quite reach, so he moves the stool up to the toilet to do it-- he looks so grown up and cute standing up!

Pictures from the weekend/week to come soon!

1 comment:

StacyBraatz said...

Wow time flies Shelly!!!! Can't wait to find out what is in there!!