July 19th is here and it's my due date! It's so great to make it to 40 weeks with no complications or issues-- I've had another smooth pregnancy and I enjoy almost all parts of pregnancy! I consider myself very lucky in that respect.
So due date is here, the 40 week mark will come and go as it did with Henry... but by Friday, whether this baby wants to or not, he or she is coming out!! I had originally scheduled the c-section for Friday so just in case my body would actually go into labor, that it would have ample time to do so... but doesn't look like that is happening...this baby, like Henry, just wants to stay put! : ) I'm still glad I scheduled it for after 40 weeks just because I tend to make small babies too... according to the ultrasound a week ago the baby was 6lbs then, so hopefully by delivery on Friday the baby will be close to 7lbs and nice and healthy!
I have my 40 week dr appt this afternoon with a new Dr since my Dr I had for Henry and for this baby went on a 3 week vacation to France! Personally, I'm not one to get hung up on a Dr... most Dr's in my mind are very good and I haven't really met one I don't like yet (knock on wood) My Dr talks very highly about Dr Leonard so I'm not worried. And my c-section is scheduled with Dr. Huberty who did 2 c-sections for my Dr Callanan... so I know I'm in good hands through it all! All the staff at United was really great last time, so I'm sure I'll have another good hospital experience -- just hope Henry deals with mommy not being home. I hope to go home by Sunday like I did with Henry so then it would only be 2 nights gone, but we'll see how I heal and all that.
Henry has said so many funny things about the baby lately- I really should write them down... I'm calling them Henryisms... Here are a couple I could remember this morning? After a nap, he lifted up my shirts and said "she come out yet", we were talking about things he gets to teach the baby and he said "when she comes out she can be a big boy like me". (but also mentioned she can't ride his bike). He always refers to the baby as a she... so it will be interesting to know if he's right or not! We're happy either way, so happy we got to have a boy first and now after that whatever will come will come... I'd be happy with all boys, but of course a little sweet girl would be wonderful too! So I can say if we have a girl, we have the name set, but if we have a boy..... well- we STILL do not have a name agreed on! But really- I'm not worried, if it's a boy, once he comes out we'll see what he looks like and go from there!
I'm also happy to report that my temp starts today! I will be training him half days this week-- he's got like 25 years 3M experience... his job was elminiated in re-org a couple years ago, so he's doing some temp work now. He's pretty much overqualified for my job, but it's such a relief to me knowing that someone good is covering for me while I'm out!
We also finally got the house ready for the baby this weekend-- Brendon was a working machine yesterday-- he moved all the furniture around in the living room to how he wanted it (It's growing on me- but we sure have different views on decorating), he reorganized Henry's room and moved furniture which looks great, then he cleaned up a bunch of stuff we've just been slacking on for a while, so it's great.. all that's left is a little bit of painting in the babies room (just stencils' with craft paint- so no odor) and that can be done anytime... and a little bit of cleaning (2 boxes of stuff) out of the baby's room. Other than that-- dare I say it... I think we are ready! : )
Ok enough blabbering on! Happy thoughts for Friday-- or from now until Friday I guess you never know what could happen!
2 comments:
Happy Due Date!!
Can't wait to hold that little baby!!!!
Post a Comment