Wednesday, July 7, 2010

38 week Dr appt

Man this baby is moving and groovin lately! Today has been non stop action in my belly!

Had my 38 week Dr appt today. Everything is fine, my weight gain is still great, blood pressure excellent and the baby's heart rate was good. This time the baby was moving around soo much that it was hard to get a good steady reading, so she listened for several minutes. The last 3 visits the baby had a bit of an abnormal beat-- an extra beat every 5 or 6 beats, this time in the few minutes she listened she only heard a couple extra beats total... so that was good. Again, she's really not worried about the abnormal beats, she said that is pretty common and likely by the time the baby comes out -- all is normal, but for me, it was nice to hear it's pretty much back to normal.

She's having me have a 2nd ultrasound sometime between now and my next appt next Wed to check my fluid level. I measured at 37 weeks again this week, which is a sign that there may be a fluid issues (which basically means the placenta isn't doing it's job anymore) normally she wouldn't even think anything of this, but because I had low fluids with Henry, she just wants to rule it out. If it's low, then she'll likely put me on bed rest until my c-section, but if it's in the normal range, then all is good! So fingers crossed for normal readings as I'm not finished up at work yet- my temp hasn't even been hired yet and I still have to train her!!

Haven't scheduled the ultrsound yet, probably will do it for Friday or Monday, so fingers crossed everyone- I DO NOT want to go on bed rest!

4 comments:

Kim Sjoquist said...

So...38 weeks...full term is 40 weeks and they haven't hired you a temp yet? Ummm...they better get on it...LOL. glad to hear all is well. Hopefully there won't be any fluid issues.

Mindi Kay said...

That sounds like my work... I told my boss that I Knew I was going early and he better get on the ball- I got 1 day with my temp and I ended up telling them who was covering me- I told them they didn't have time to do anything else and I'd just take care of it! I'll keep my fingers crossed that all is well at your ultrasound!

Shelly Pagel said...

we thought we had one hired a week ago, but she accepted a full time position--our budgets are cut so badly that the money JUST got approved to hire a temp 3 days a week for me... temps for my job are around $60 an hour! (wish I got paid that much) : ) We interview again on Monday- hopefully we can hire her on spot and then I can start training ASAP! UGH- then to put possible bed rest with that... well, that would be bad... I'd feel bad for my boss who does not know how to do the things I do. Thanks ladies- fingers crossed!! She said if it's a 5, I go in and the baby needs to come out now, if I'm a 5 1/2-6 1/2 then bed rest... if I'm a 7 or higher then all is good.

Rapp family fun said...

Hope all goes well at the ultrasound! I know your hard to replace but your work better get going you don't have to much longer to go!