Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Week 39!

Wholy crap it's the 39th week already! This time has flown by so fast and I can't believe anytime now we will have a baby! I still tell myself I'm not ready for this, mostly because I have so much to do at work still, my temp doesn't start until Feb 25th. It's sort of strange, but nobody really knows how to do what I do exactly... yes, someone can always do my job as I know I'm not irreplaceable (though I like to think that) but we're in the middle of the largest trade show plan ever, so just to hand off these details that I've been working on for months is hard and plus I've been doing this job for so long that so much is just in my head that it seems hard to be able to pass all the duties along.. oh well- there are more important things in life than work, like having this baby! BUT-- work does pay the bills! : )

I had another Dr appt and still no progress. My cervix is still closed and very hard. Now she's starting to say that if I don't make some progress soon, they'll schedule and induction. The latest she'll let me go is March 10th, but said if I was to that point and wanted it over the weekend, then March 8th or 9th would be fine too. She said the best is when labor comes on spontaneous so she won't induce until 41 1/2 weeks. She said next week at my 40 week appointment maybe they'll gel my cervix to see if that will help and there are a few other things we can do. The heartbeat of the baby is back up to 140, I mentioned last week it was 128 and she said we probably just caught the baby during a nap last time. So all in all, everything is good and nice and normal. Hopefully next week there will be some progress with my cervix and I can have this baby without being induced! Fingers crossed!

All in all, I still feel really good, these last couple weeks are not as hard as I thought they'd be or heard they'd be. I'm definitely more tired just because I can't sleep all that well, but I just tell myself that's God's way of preparing you for motherhood! I get pretty achy by the end of the night, but warm baths make me feel better. LP moves around so much -- sometimes it's for hours and hours on end... it's a knee jerk here and elbow there! Brendon says he/she wants out-- but I had a talk with him/her... we're waiting til due date (at least!) : )

My ENT Dr called Friday night and told me the did a biopsy on my Granuloma from my nose, and it was benign as he thought-- they wanted to test it just to be sure. So that was good news too.

All for now-- sorry for the long blog, but seems like a lot has happend this past week. Let the count down begins!

4 comments:

Mindi Kay said...

Start doing some deep knee bends and try to walk for 10 or 15 minutes on a treadmill or outside or something- that seemed to help me to progress. The deep knee bends helped to gradually get her head to come down- when I started doing them I went from a +1 to a -2, I'd like to think that it helped! And- they stripped my membranes- I had some contractions the next day but then they died off and that got me to dilate to 1- then I just went into labor on that Saturday- I started to spot that morning and I KNEW I was dilating on my own- and that I was! Also, the night of my due date we ate pepperoni pizza and had some friends over for game night (we called it 'It's my Due Date so let's Celebrate' Night)- one of my friends had pepperoni pizza the day before she went into labor too- so maybe that helped and being able to laugh really hard all night long- I think the combination helped get things going!

Shelly Pagel said...

Funny- thanks for the tips. I think baby's come out when they are ready, so hopefully LP will be ready late next week! But pizza can never hurt! : )
Miley will have a new cousin before we know it!

Anonymous said...

Come on baby Pagel!! Come out already! Well, you know what stimmulates contractions... don't you??? And I know Brendon will like this method. Glad to hear you're still feeling good. Can't wait to see the little thing! Take care. Bekki B.

Shelly Pagel said...

Hee heee hee... I did tell Brendon now that I have time to train in my temp at work this week to watch out--now I actually feel ready to have this baby and we'll be trying to get things moving along!! I hear that can be very effective " )

Should be soon!
Shelly