What a relief when you can breathe! I went to the ENT last week and within about 2 seconds, he goes, that's a granuloma and it needs to be surgically removed! Then he looked at me and asked if I was pregnant (how sweet of him) and said he couldn't put me under then, but he could still remove it if I wanted him to. Otherwise because it's of pregnancy, I could wait and it would "probably" just go away. I said take it out! So he put local anesthetic up my nose (that hurt a lot- he said it's the most sensitive place in the nose) then took some chemical and burned this thing off-- it was pretty horrible as he was yanking it out- I couldn't feel it, but could feel my head being pulled! Then they got it-- suctioned the blood and I was good to go. I took a breath right away and said he was a life saver! He showed me the granuloma and it was huge! He said it was a massive massive granuloma-- it was about the size of two marbles put together and that was blocking my entire nasal passage. I guess all in all, that is about the only bad thing to have happened to me because of pregnancy, so it wasn't so bad. I never had morning sickness, never really had much aches and pains, and actually I sleep pretty well still considering, but I feel sooo much better now that I can breathe again!
So that is my first and hopefully last ENT story--- I go to the doctor again Wed, so I'll post on Thursday again with updates. : )
2 comments:
I was going to remember to ask you on Sunday how the appt. with the ENT went, and then I forgot. Was going to email yesterday and never got around to it. Glad to hear everything is good again. You'll soon be able to enjoy the aroma of LP's diapers!
grandma pagel
Oh great-- the smell of poopy diapers is just around the corner now! : ) Brendon keeps telling me how "he doesn't do diapers" I just laugh and tell him he doesn't have a choice! Gotta love him!
Post a Comment