Thursday, May 6, 2010
Potty Training
So I guess we are potty training! This is a lot earlier than I thought we'd be doing this, but without us even trying he just seems to be going! For months now he's been going here and there and maybe a couple times a week- we've never pushed him to go but just encouraged him when he said he wanted to go. I think it was starting this Tuesday that he came home from daycare and his sheet said he went potty 4 times! Then Wed it was the same and he'd go at home too, then same today (Thursday) he went 4 times and he told me he had to go at Beth's house tonight. He still goes a little in his diaper sometimes too, but he's just been doing a great job at letting us know and making it to the bathroom. I know it's only been a few days and kids sometimes revert while learning, so I don't really have expectations yet, but how great if he's really getting the hang of this! To keep him energized about it, I put a "potty chart" up in the bathroom and bought some stickers so that each time he went he could put a sticker on the sheet, and he also gets "potty treats" when goes. Daycare said if he keeps this up he could start wearing underwear next week! WHOA -- I better go buy more undies for him- I have maybe 10 pair, but I'm sure in the beginning he'll be going through a few a day. So anyway, I'm very proud of my boy and I love that we didn't have to push him or ask him to do this-- I really think his daycare has a lot to do wtih it. He's in a room with 12 other 2-3 year olds and see's all the other kids doing it, so monkey see monkey do! Now if we could just get him to sleep all night -- that would be great!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment