Friday, May 28, 2010

32-33 week update

My 32 week Dr appt went well.  I only gained 1lb in the last 2 weeks-- my weight gain this time around is awesome-- not that I really care, I figure if I'm gonna get fat- I'm gonna enjoy it and pig out! : ) Baby's heart rate was between 126-130 and then all the sudden 148 I think-- the baby had just woken up or something and was bouncing around in there while she was listening to the heartbeat! 

We are also still working on picking the date for the c-section-- my Dr will be in France (on vacation) so she won't be able to do it but wants to sort of hand-pick my surgeon for me. So her advice was to have it on a Wed or a Friday (that is when her favorite Dr's are scheduled there to do surgeries). Our plan has not changed... we'll schedule the c-section for the 40th week sometime... if I should happen to show signs of labor before that, than a vaginal birth is no problem for me- my Dr said I'm a great candidate for a VBAC and United is well staffed for any situation that could arise from that.  Most likely because of what happened with Henry (low fluids (which basically means the placenta stopped working), after 7 gel treatments and 9 days over due- I NEVER dilated, and when I got induced- Henry's heartrate dropped) that probably means it will be another c-section for me.  I really don't mind either way- one way or another we get a baby and whatever we do for the safety of baby and me is just fine... my c-section with Henry was very good- much better than I thought it would be- I recovered nicely so hopefully 2nd time around would be the same. 

So this week I need to pick our baby's possible birthday!!!  I think Either July 21 or July 23- the 21st I'd be 40 1/2 weeks.. hmmmmmmmmm maybe we'll wait and surprise everyone??

Names-- so we're getting close on our baby names.  With Henry we went to the hospital with it narrowed to 2 girl names and 2 boy names and wanted to see the baby before we named him/her... just to be sure the name matched the kid!  We had Oliver and Henry and Lydia and Lyla-- funny is that Oliver was our favorite name but when we saw Henry for the first time... we knew he wasn't an Oliver.  This time I think we have our girl name nailed down because we both really like it.. and our boys name are getting closer-- we found 1 name yesterday with both like-- but there are a couple others that might still be an option.  Some people know the names we have picked-- but I'm not going to share it on the blog.

Overal- so far so good!  My blood pressure keeps getting better and better-- last time it was 108/60 and this time it was 112/56.  I feel pretty awesome until night time hits- I think not slowing down any wears on me towards the end of the night- my back and hips start to hurt a bit-- but that's what happens when you are towards the end of pregnancy, so no complaints from me. 

Can't believe it's only 8 more weeks-- we have sooo much to do!!

No comments: