Wow- what a day it was. I picked Brendon up from one of his stops and we went for the ultrasound, it was fun even though it only lasted about 10 minutes. We saw the baby sucking on his/her fist and the cute feet and all that stuff. Then I brought Brendon back to work and then went back to the clinic (had about an hour between appts). She checked me and said I was a pinhole dilated, so she continued to force her way through so now I'm 1cm-2cm dilated and she also stripped my membranes. She decided we shouldn't wait until Sunday to induce because my amniotic fluid level is low. Normal is above an 8 and I'm a 5. She said it was nothing urgent, but it just means the placenta is pooped out and not doing it's job anymore so she suggested we induce tomorrow! Wholy cow- tomorrow! So we made plans for that and then she wanted me to to United for another gel treatment too- I got there and got hooked up and after about an hour of being monitored they said I was having too many contractions to gel me... so I guess that is good even though I could barely feel the contractions. What a day it's been.
So looks like LP will likely come into the world tomorrow! Hopefully all goes well and it doesn't take too long. We're supposed to call the hospital at 6am and ensure it is ok for us to come in, then we'll head up after that. We'll keep everyone posted after we get admited and things get started-- no use in people coming up and playing the waiting game with us.
I think I'm still in shock a little bit- knowing that TOMORROW we'll have a little baby boy or girl!! But it's great- we're very excited!
Wish us luck!
4 comments:
Good Luck!!!! HOW EXCITING!!!!! I can't wait!!!!! Love, Jodi
YAY!!! Good luck guys! Who knows...stripping your membranes may have helped and maybe you won't need any pitocin. I can't wait to see pictures.
Good luck to the THREE of you tomorrow.... Praying for a safe delivery for you!
Nora
Yah! How exciting! Shelly, I wish you the best of luck and hope the delivery is as pain free as possible. We love you.
Jamie, Michele & Little Jada
Post a Comment