My Dr appt this morning went great (besides having to wait a while).. Heartbeat for baby Pagel was at 148 (4 weeks ago was 158) and with Henry at 16 weeks it was 158. My Dr is so great, I'll never claim to be an expert at being pregnant or having children, so the little refreshers are great... she'll say do you remember about the Quad testing at this time... I say oh yea, we don't want those and she'll say do you remember about the round ligament pains around this time or the headaches and I say not really (I really don't remember experiencing any pains or anything with Henry) so she's great at giving tips this time around. All my blood work that was taken last time was back and it was all great- especially my hemoglobin which I guess is great to be a little high since I will likely be having a c-section and will lose blood. My blood pressure was great too. When she went to listen for baby's heartbeat I just lifted my shirt like I always did with Henry, but this time I had to actually undo my pants, this baby is very low I guess. Right away she felt my stomach and was explaining to my where my uterus was now- all very crazy and wonderful the way a woman's body works! The best news I get to schedule my ultrasound- it will be in 4 weeks. We will not be finding out the gender again, I think Brendon would like to, but I trump him on this call since I'm carrying the baby! I love to plan, but it's what I do all day long for a job, plan events, plan trade shows, plan schedules, plan promotions etc.... And there is just nothing like the surprise moment your baby is born - it's so exciting and I'll never forget the moment they told me Henry was a boy-- I'm very much looking forward to that moment again! We're starting to talk names.. I think we both have a girl name picked out but we're totally up in the air on boy names.. Brendon says Frank again.. but a Hank and a Frank?? Not sure honey... though I could see it now... Randolph football linebackers -- Hank and Frank Pagel!! HA HA LOL.. jk... can't put my kids through it! In any case, we have plenty of time for names still.. but exciting that in 4 weeks I'll be at the half way mark! I'm very thankful and grateful that I not ever been sick or had any issues thus far, I'm still in all my regular clothes and I haven't gained any weight since Thanksgiving (I had my first appt the day before thanksgiving to confirm I was prego).. I was at one weight at that appt, then 5 weeks later I was down 4lbs, and now I'm back up to wait I was at the first appt.. but she says it's just great and being that I gained the 4lbs back it's just perfect. So far, everything is going wonderful!
As for Henry we're still working on sleeping all night- he's been doing a lot better and usually wakes up once each night... Brendon does a great job getting him to bed... I coddle him way to much and lay with him to go to sleep.. Brendon lays him down and kisses him and says good night... then Henry sneaks down the stairs and looks at us through the bars of the stairs and wants juice or something like that.... then Brendon tells him to go back up and believe it or not he does!! What a big boy... last night Brendon was getting him down and he was crying a bit and Brendon said mom will come up in a few minutes and that seemed to settle him down.. by the time I got up there, he was fast asleep! He did wake up at 4am, but we let him in with us and we had a good hour or so of some snuggle time!
This is daddy and Henry at Alumni
And this is just our child being goofy- he wanted a left over cupcake but grabbed a measuring cup to eat it with.. yes, we do have utensils at our house, but I guess the big cup was more fun!
1 comment:
16 weeks already? Wow! I think it is awesome having the gender a surprise, we didnt find out with the first 2 and did with Owen, not knowing was far the best!! I am so happy for you!
Post a Comment