Monday, May 4, 2009

Fun with Henry

(long post this week-- took lots of pictures : )

A fun filled weekend with mom and Henry. Brendon was a busy man this weekend, he went and helped is dad cut wood in the morning, came home to shower, left for golf, came home to see Henry and me for a little bit, then left to his buddies house for the night. Then napping during Henry's nap, finally we're all back together around 2pm on Sunday. Henry and I enjoyed the park a few times this week and Brady and Angie joined us yesterday. Henry is still just obsessed with going outside. From the minute he wakes up from his naps, he's waiving bye bye.. so we did a lot of hanging outside. He loves rakes and brooms, so I think we swept the drive way for a good hour one day! He's still into his little tantrums.. when he's made he hits his head on the wall, and if there is no wall near, then he hits his head... I hear this is very common, but I don't like it. I'm trying to get him to sign "please" when he wants something rather than hitting his head til he gets what he wants... sometimes it works well.. other times, not so much. Most of the time he's just an awesome kid who makes me laugh... but these few times when the tantrums come, I really don't like it.
I managed to keep up with daycare and stick with the no bottles during the day.. it was pretty easy and Henry didn't seem to care if he had a bottle or not. The only thing was nap time is usually very easy, just give him a bottle and he falls right asleep... so just plopping him in there was a little different, he cried and cried, but really, only for a maybe 3 minutes, then was out cold. We're also trying to work on 1 nap a day rather than 2, since that what will need to happen in July when he moves to the Toddler room.. Sunday it worked (but he also slept in til 8ish). There is still time for this though..

Anyway- some fun pictures and video's.


Playing at the park!







Love his little point!


Henry tipped over a little plant table (no plant on it thankfully) and rode it like a horse-- I think he already has a great imagination! He was bouncing up and down on it and everything.


Another point!

Trying to help mom vacuum-- he loves the Dyson as much as I do!


Henry climbed into a little chair and has had a runny nose all weekend... so I gave him a kleenex and said "blow your nose" and he actually did... put it up and blew just a little.. it was soo cute watching him do it!

Just another shoe obsession picture--


I thought this was funny.. he grabbed some mail that was sitting on the couch and went over to the hallway and just sat there and pretended to read it! What a goof!

An old pic my mom had.. (from March) .. goofing around with grandpa!


Here is the video Brendon will just love.... Henry decided to put on my heel's on and walk around.. he did this all on his own!




Too bad I couldn't get this one to flip-- but it was funny-- another shoe video.. this time with mens shoes!


5 comments:

EricaBerg said...

Just think of the strength in those little legs! I love the kleenex hanging out of his pocket in the last video.

Anonymous said...

It takes good balance walking in heels and beg shoes! He's a pretty talented boy! Gotta love those videos! Love to see what he thinks of them in 20 years!

StacyBraatz said...

Awww that makes me sad that he is weaning off the bottle, I think about that with Owen, makes me sad, I love our nightitme bottle!
LOL at Henry blowing his nose, I love that, he sure is a busy boy!!

Jodi Duden-Clare said...

I love his hat!!

Shelly Pagel said...

YEs- the nigh time bottle is by far the best!!