Monday, February 2, 2009

First Overnighter!

Brendon had his Alumni Basketball this past weekend which is usually a fun party! So my mom and dad took Henry for his first overnighter! Henry has been sleeping so great lately, so I hoped he'd do the same at my parents house. I brought him over around 5 and mom, dad, Brady and Henry and I played for a while. It was funny how Brady just loved Henry for the first hour or so... they were rolling the ball to each other and Brady was giving Henry hugs... so cute! I left about 6:30. Brendon and I had a really fun night out, then about 8:30am I got up and went to go get my little man. I walked in and got big smiles from Henry and I asked mom how he slept and she looked at me and I though oh no... then she said he slept for almost 12 hours! What a champ! Brendon said we should do this more often! : ) My friends were all teasing me that Henry's first overnighter wasn't til almost 11 months and they had their kids over night at 5 weeks or 3 months... I just feel guilty leaving him on the weekends because I only see him for a couple hours each day during the week.

Brendon, Henry and I hung out all day together yesterday which was realy nice. And Brendon had taken today off so he's home with Henry doing daddy daycare today! So Henry has this toy car he usually just walks behind and plays with the buttons, well I put him on it yesterday and he has figured out how to go forward with his feet... this video is short (memory ran out on my camera) but after this he was doing it all night-- it was pretty cute! You'll also see he has that silly pacifier in his mouth.. I'm not sure why, but this past week he's loved it! Since he was born he's never liked a pacifier and now all the sudden he'll keep it in for an hour-- I think it may feel good on his teeth...

3 comments:

StacyBraatz said...

WTG Henry! It is always hard to leave them espeically since you work! We are spoiled, my mom comes and spends the night at our house! I didnt see you out Saturday, it was my first night out!! Glad it went well!

Rapp family fun said...

Glad your first night out went well. You have to do it when it feels right for you. I remember that I cried the whole way to Cannon Falls on our first date night. Brian almost turned around! But it gets better each time and the boy seem to like the change also. Thanks goodness for amazing grandparent's huh!!

MN girl said...

I am such a spoiled mommy. Anne, was asking for her weekends with JB when he was a month old. We held out for the first two months and I CRIED when we left - and now I look forward to them. I understand about wanting him around on the weekends though with work all week. You will all love them soon enough (every once in a while) - time for mommy and daddy to be Shelly and Brendon and fun time for Henry with grandma and grandpa. That smile when you walk in is the best!!