First the bad news... poor Henry is sick.. this is his first really bad sickness. Tuesday afternoon the daycare called us to come get him, they thought he might have pink eye, so I left work and took him to the Dr.. good news is that it wasn't pink eye but rather just a viral thing making some discharge come out his eyes.. he seemed ok but then that night didn't sleep well at all, he was up about every hour to hour and a half. So Wed I stayed home with him and Wed late afternoon just happened to be his 9 month well visit. At that visit we found out he developed an ear infection in one ear (his first ear infection ugh). But no fever and seemed ok, so she perscriped some medicine for that and then we went ahead and gave him his 2nd dose of his flu shot-- he barely cried! What a champ. So then Brendon and Henry and I went to Target and got the perscription filled and went home. He ate dinner took his meds and crashed- he was so tired. Shortly after he woke up and again didn't sleep at all. Brendon took over some daddy duty and stayed up with him in the living room and held him to sleep each time he woke. He also threw up a few times and spiked a good fever.. So I stopped giving him the meds and am waiting for the Dr to call me back... not sure if all that is related to the shot, the ear infection or the meds.. Poor Henry just isn't himself. He's such a happy mannered kid, so to hear him wimpering constantly is very hard. I wish I could help him. Brendon is home with him today and hopefully Henry starts feeling better soon!
Good news is everything else about our little man is great.
He's 21.6 lbs which is the 60th percent (this was with onesie, sweatshirt and diaper on)
and he's 30" tall! Wahoo he's tall! He's in the 92% for height
I think head size was still in the mid 50 percent.
So he's growing great- now if we could just get rid of this darn sickness.
6 comments:
Poor little guy...Hope he feels better!! I'm taking Abby to the doctor in a little bit...possible pink eye...ugh!!
Oh man--- no fun. Hope she's ok and you guys don't get it!
Grandma doesn't like to hear news like this. I feel so bad for him. Give him lots of hugs and kisses for me and if you need a break, call and I'll come over and cuddle with him!
Grandma P.
I hate EI!!!! Both boys had their fair share of them. EI always make Brady throw up, I hope he feels better soon, poor little peanut!
good to know stacey-- I was thinking maybe he was allergic to the medicine if he was throwing up-- but maybe it was just the infection. poor little guy-- babies should get sick, it's not fair!
Poor Henry! Nothing is worse than throwing up! I hope he's feeling better.
Post a Comment