Wednesday, May 14, 2008

another sleeper

Just wanted to throw it out there, he did even better last night. Fell asleep at 9:45pm and didn't get up until a little before 6am! I'm so proud of him! I know sleep patterns will continue to change, but we'll take these great nights as long as we can! : )

So now that Brendon will be taking him to daycare at 5:45... should I wake him up to feed him before they go, or try to get him in the carseat and on the road still sleeping? Not sure which is better... after he eats he always falls back asleep for another hour or so, but I've always tried to stick by the rule of never waking a sleeping baby. hmmm

Any advice?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

He'll adjust his schedule to yours. Babies are kind of amazing that way!

I'd ask your daycare what works best for them.

~He's ADORABLE!

Kelly

Anonymous said...

Personally, I would nurse him. You wouldn't even really have to "wake" him up. Just snuggle him into you and nurse him, then put him right into his car seat and he's set to go. Then he can sleep until he's ready to get up with a full tummy.

Glad all is well with you. He's adorable!

Heidi Sue

Mindi Kay said...

I wake up Miley every morning-- Taylor has to leave by 6:15 so I go into Miley's room and wake her up softly just enough to get her to know that she is going to nurse- then we snuggle in on the futon and she eats and I get to take a 15 minute 'nap'- I say that lightly as I just close my eyes while she eats (laying down) Then I bring her into Taylor in our bed and he cuddles while I just hop in the shower-- then when I get out I grab her and change her diaper and get her dressed and by this time she is awake and gives me her morning smiles- then that is when I pump my other side while Taylor is in the shower and Miley plays with her activity mat- then I pack her up and they are out the door and I finish getting myself ready, and I hear when she gets out to Grandma's she sleeps for another hour or two. It works out pretty slick- but yes- he will adjust to your schedule. Miley most of the time now will be awake at 5 when I go in there- I'll walk into her room and by the time I get over to her bed her eyes are already open- and yes- she wakes up at 5 on the weekends but she'll go right back to sleep with me usually for another 2-3 hours.

Unknown said...

Great advice! You have an awesome groups of mom's for support!

So, I gave the daycare mom response - it was nice for me to see what mom's who take their treasures to daycare said.

I give all you moms a ton of credit! I tried, and couldn't do it (go back to work, I mean.) And now here I am taking care of other peoples most precious children.

You'll know what's right for you, Shelly. He's a blessing!

Kelly

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Henry is doing great!! I used to feed Aaron before I got ready for work. Being single it was a bit of a challenge. I'd feed him then put him in his swing while I took a shower. He always went back to sleep until I was ready to leave. (LOL...almost 22 years ago!)

How did the shots go???

I love reading all the blogs about the little ones!

Jodi

EricaBerg said...

I fed Peyton when I got up and then she fell back asleep while eating, so I put her in bed with Cam and they cuddled while I got ready for work. That lasted a month or so, granted I was home for 4 months with her before going back to work. Now, at 8 months, she would rather just be put with Cam in bed while I get ready. She got to the point where she pushed the bottle away and just wanted to snuggle her Dad. My mom (daycare) feeds her when she gets there in the morning now. I was wasting a lot trying to get her to eat before we left the house. Henry will get into a schedule and adjust to yours, he will let you know what he wants. I just went with the flow. I will be thinking of you next week! Good Luck! Erica.

Anonymous said...

definitely feed him first.... the less you nurse, the more likely milk production could slow down. when the night feedings stopped for me- i had a drastic reduction in milk supply and i struggled for the next 6 months to keep up!! (and brady only drank 4 oz at a feeding all the way up until he was 10 months old!)