I took Henry and Stella in for their well child visits. Henry was his 3 year visit and Stella was well, her 6 month visit even though she's 8 months! I'm always one month behind, so I should have taken her in at 7 months, but I swear I was at the Dr every week in the last 5 weeks for sick visits, so I got behind on well visits. Oh well : )
Our peds doctor is so great, she said "let's just call this her 9 month visit" : ) So little miss Stella girl weighed in at 18lbs 10 oz! She is the 59% for weight and she's 27.5 inches tall which is the 65% and her head is the 94%! Perfectly healthy. She did have to get 3 shots which were not fun, but she did great. Love my little pumpkin.
Henry is 34lbs with boots on, he wouldn't take them off to get his weight check, I suppose nurses and dr's are used to that. He's the 76% for weight and he was 3ft 2.5 inches which is the 67%. Seriously, when did my kids get so big!?!! At 3, they try to test hearing and vision but the Dr sort of laughed and said most 3 year olds don't do it. On the chart of what they should be doing at 3, most of it he was doing at 2, like pedaling a bike, and building towers, and knowing his name and age and all that good stuff, so he's doing awesome too.
We talked a bit about his night terrors he's having, which if any of you have experienced are close to the worst thing you can ever see your child go through. A true night terror is absolutely horrid. We're working on a few things like keeping bedtime as routine and calm as possible as anxiety can set it off, also making sure he doesn't stay up too far past bedtime ever since lack of sleep can set it off too. There are a few more things too, but one thing we might try is a vitamin supplement called Melatonin. It's natural so that is nice, and it's just supposed to make up for any defeciency of natural melatonin that the body makes. Its supposed to help with regular sleep patterns and help calm them down before bed. She said there isn't a lot of studies done on it yet, but it's very safe since it's just a vitamin.
Henry is doing great in his preschool, we have confrences next week. : ) He's so protective over Stella and so wonderful with her. He's a great big brother!
Besides night terrors and teething, the kids are great. Stella has 4 teeth now, the top two are still working their way all the way, but most of them are showing now. If her cuspids are like these top ones, then we might be in for it! I started putting Hylands teething gel on her gums. This stuff is nice since it's homeopathic (sp?) and it doesn't do that tingle and numbing that orajel does-- I know orajel works great for some kids, but I tried and I don't like it, so I didn't want to give it to her. This new stuff seems to work well so far.
She's starting to scoot and get stuff and got up on her hands and knee's the other day, but then went back down. She melts my heart with her smiles and her cuddles.
We're all anxiously awaiting spring so all the winter sickness can be done!! I'm sick of the kids being sick!
But all in all, we're good!
2 comments:
It was SO nice to see you and Stella at the shower, Shelly! Thank you SO much for coming and for the WONDERFUL, customized gift!!!!!
Hope you liked it : ) It was such a nice baby shower, looked like you were overwhelmed with wonderful gifts! Have fun organizing it all!
Post a Comment