Happy Birthday to my boy Henry! I can't believe he is 3! He's just the most wonderful boy I could ever ask for. It seems so long ago he was my little baby, he really grew up so fast!
We had a wonderful Pirate Party ...arrr mate (Henry likes to say that)! I had little pirate kits for all the cousins that were there-- each had a sword, a hook, an eye patch, telescope and compass : ) (gotta love the dollar store!) They had fun playing pirate and then I did a treasure hunt too! They really loved the treasure hunt, I had a treasure chest hidden with gold coins and little prizes in it for each of them, and I had about 6 clues hidden around for them, they kept asking to do it again! I had a few fun pirate decorations and pirate plates/napkins and then I had a pirate ship cake too! The kids had a blast and Henry was very spoiled from all his aunts/uncles, grandma/grandpa, and great grandma's and grandpa's (or and mom and dad too : )
We've also had our share of sickness lately and man I hope it's over now! A couple weeks ago Stella had an ear infection and Henry had Strep, then just when I think it's over, right after his party he woke up with what looked like pink eye, so I took him to the Dr that mornnig (thank goodness I had already had that day off work) and they perscribed some drops 4 times a day... well seriously, who can get drops in a "3" years olds eye 4! times a day... oh my that was difficult. It was like alligator wrestling! I think the only time he really got a good dose was at school when he said "ms jammie does it nice".. well we tried to do it nice too, and that didn't work. soo glad that's over and even more glad Stella didnt' get it too. One day I actually lysoled the whole house and then left a window open while I was at work! I don't know if any of that helps, but it made me feel like I was at least trying to fight the germ battle!
Stella also recently had a bad cold but now is also on the mend... and her 3rd tooth has cut through! The top right one is inching it's way out! She's almost 8 months old already-- man that time flies. Now, I'm always 1 month behind on dr well checks for the kids, so I plan to be consistent and stay 1 month behind on each visit, but with so many sick visits.. well now I'm almost 2 months behind! ugh... oh well, really, at the "6 month" visit, all they are really going to do is give her shots anyway... she's already been in twice for ear checks. So really- what's the rush? I hate hate hate the shots for little ones... but I know they are for their own good. Stella is getting closer to scooting around and she's starting to stand better now too (while holding onto something). She's just so sweet. We're starting with some "solid" food soon now too... daycare likes to start with Graham Crackers-- they sprinkle little dusting over the cereal to get the taste and then let them chomp... I'm never very good at this stage, as I'm always thinking they are choking! I did give Stella some of those Gerber melt things the other day-- I broke them up and she sort of gagged on them, but she's really good at picking them up and putting them in her mouth.. Any suggestions on other good first foods? I can't hardly remember this stage with Henry. She's still giving great kisses, and a new trick of pulling hair! I'm so very thankful that nursing is still going well and I'm keeping up with her so good too! I've got a decent stock pile in the freezer and I have high hopes to make it a full year. With Henry I started mixing formula half and half with my milk at about 9 months and then went to whole milk at 12 months. It got really hard to find the time to pump twice a day back then... some days now it's hard to find the time to pump twice and I just end up doing it once, but that's where the stock pile comes in handy.. I just make sure the next day I get 2 pumpings in so I don't lose my supply.
I'm so anxious for spring-- I can't wait to get out of the house in the evenings with the kids! Henry can ride his scooters and bikes and play in the sandbox and we can get our garden in! And Stella hopefully will like hanging out in a stroller or on the swing attached to our deck! : )
 |
| Henry calls this game "pinch the pirate in the eye" ha! |
 |
| Stella wearing Brady's pirate hat |
 |
| He loves the new helemt! |
 |
| Robin helping Henry with his new bike Helmet : ) |
 |
| Stella fell asleep holding the pirate telescope! |
 |
| Stella's new carseat.. she's not quite grown out of the carrier yet, but I'm preparing for it! |
 |
| Reading the Sunday Ads |
We also got Stella's 6 month picture back and some of Henry too : )
 |
| This is one of my favorites, because it's just sooo her-- she loves her toes! |
 |
| 3 years ago-- best day of my life! Henry Kenneth Pagel born 10:20am, 6lbs 5oz :) |
 |
You've come a long way honey! This was Henry at 8 months : )
|
 |
| Henry at his 1st birthday |
3 comments:
Happy Birthday, Henry!!! Wow does time go so fast! I remember when Henry was that tiny....Ohhhhhh.......LOVE Stella's pictures!!!!! Can't wait to meet Ali!
What a fun party Shelly, Henery is lucky to have you as a mamma to give him such a great party! LOVE the pictures of them both!!!!
For first foods- I would just grind up whatever you guys are eating for dinner and put it on her tray. That way she is getting some 'real' food and she won't choke on it. I would do pastas and meat and Cooper would just scoop it up with his hand and devour it.
Post a Comment