We had a wonderful yet crazy Christmas again this year. Christmas Eve we stopped in at my grandma Gergen's for just an hour or so before everyone got there, and then quickly made it over to Brendon's mom and dad's for dinner and presents. The kids were spoiled by all the fun gifts! Christmas morning we did our own quick gift opening from the presents that Santa brought-- Henry got a microphone (so he can sing his tractor song), some lightening McQueen shoes that light up, a shaving kit since he loves to watch Brendon shave, shirt, undies, t-shirts, socks, movies, and some books. I think the $4 shave kit was the best... for a while almost every day he'd say, I have to go shave my whiskers off-- it was very cute! Then after that, we had breakfast at my parents with some playing and fun on the snowmobile with Brady-- eek! Then stopped in at Brendon's grandma and grandpa Duden's, then headed off to my grandma Nieburs house.. by the end of the day, just about anything could set Henry off-- it was too long of a day. Next year we'll have to think of a better plan, I just don't think we can do 5 places in 2 days anymore. We'll have to start visiting places after or before I think. Kids naps are very important, and its no fun having unhappy little ones.
Anyway- we're very thankful for fun Christmas we had.
Shortly after the new year, I had to go to San Diego for a work trip. Brendon and I decided we'd try to all go together since my flight and hotel was paid for by work. I couldn't hardly stand the thought of leaving the kids for 2 or more days... yes, I know, I 'm crazy, but really-- 2 days is hard on me to be away, I guess I'm too attached. But anyway, neither Brendon nor I had ever been to San Diego so we said why not! I have to admit I was expecting the worst on the flight and trip and to my surprise it went awesome! Henry was a perfect little boy on the plane, he sat still the whole time and was just soo good. Stella only fussed for a few minutes when she was tired. We were lucky we had a full row to ourselves (3 seats) so that made it easy to spread out our stuff in that tiny little area of the plane. The only tough part was actually going through security-- folding the stroller up, taking Stella out of the car seat to send the seat through the belt, putting luggage through, declaring and having them test my breast milk and inspect the pump, taking coats and shoes off of even the kids, Henry had a little rough time going through the metal detector area... it was kind of scary for him... I don't blame in though- all that security and rules of taking off shoes and coats-- how is a kid supposed to understand that. Anyway- got the rental van (Brendon now really wants a mini-van!) and got to the hotel. I had to go to work right away and the convention center, and Brendon got to spend time with the kids. I had requested a fridge and a crib for our room, so they brought up a pack n play and a mini fridge. Henry decided to make the pack n play his fort and put the curtains around it-- it was pretty cute. He kept wanting Stella to be in the fort too! I had to work Thursday afternoon, all day Friday, half day Saturday and just for about an hour on Sunday morning. Brendon would take the kids for walks, and go to parks, but we didn't get to do too much because of my work hours and also because it's tough with 2 little ones that needs naps!! The one fun thing we all got to do was go to the San Diego Zoo! We were walking in and some lady came up and asked us if we needed free passes to get in- HECK YES! Admission to that Zoo is $40 per person, so that saved us a lot! Thank you kind stranger! : ) We had fun there looking at all the cool animals and the atmosphere there is just awesome. We were also able to head over to Coronado one night for dinner- that area is really cool, hope to go back one day during the day and really see it all! Then the flight home-- even better than the flight out! BOTH kids slept almost the entire time! On both flights we had people telling us how great our kids behaved and that they never even heard us-- ahh what a relief!
When we got home we were very tired but are getting back to our routine now-- no plans to do that again soon, but great to know we "can" fly with our kids! Never know-- maybe we will get to go to Hawaii again some day! I better start saving my miles!
Oh yes- and sweet miss Stella... she has 2 teeth now! Her bottom one cut through shortly after Christmas and about a week later the 2nd one cut through. She handles teething really well so far, not really fussy or anything.
Lots of new pics of our trip : )
 |
| Note the shirt-- Who needs Santa when I have Grandma.. so true! Henry also had a shirt that said who needs santa when I have grandpa! : ) |
 |
| This reminds me of hear no evil, speak no evil, see no evil! : ) |
 |
| Henry and Santa |
 |
| Stella and Santa |
 |
| Stella's cute new Vikings hat she got! |
 |
| she was mostly just happy with paper though : ) |
 |
| Henry loved Landon's pogo stick! |
 |
| CHEEEEEEESE |
 |
| The microphone! |
 |
| The kids got Brendon a new golf bag |
 |
| The shave kit! |
 |
| Getting a ride from Brady on the little snowmobile at my parents house-- and buddy the dog chasing! |
 |
| he was done... |
 |
| Grandpa Duden, Henry and their little puppy! |
 |
| So tired he fell sleep standing! |
 |
| the plane ride to San Diego! |
 |
| Henry at Petco field across the street from our hotel |
 |
| He thought riding the big escalator was soo much fun. He and Brendon did this several times at the convention center! |
 |
| This Carnival Cruise Ship was docked just past our hotel- apparently this is the one that lost power at sea a few months back... they are STILL working on it and I guess has been docked here ever since! |
 |
| The Zoo! |
 |
| Stella was pooped.... |
 |
| Love this picture of the Polar Bear playing around |
 |
| Henry wanted Stella to be in his fort-- this was 4:30am CA time (6:30am MN time) |
 |
| Henry made a fort with the pack n play in our hotel room |
 |
| Petco Field across the street from our hotel |
No comments:
Post a Comment