So I think boys do things earlier than girls, maybe because they are naturally stronger? Hmm .. that's the question. I was looking back in the days of Henry's infancy, and at 5 months he was sitting up and scotting around already! Miss Stella will be 6 months this weekend and she seems like she'll start scotting soon, but is not sitting up at all yet. I know they say 2nd children do things later in general just because you aren't working with them on everything since you have an older child to care for too... but I wonder if there is a difference between boys and girls doing things sooner than the other. I had a friend that thought this, she had a girl first and a boy second.. and she said the boy did everything sooner- even when the boy was the 2nd child. hmm
I know every child is different and Stella is doing awesome, I couldn't ask for a more mellow and happy child! With Stella I feel like I lose track of time, it seems like I forget when I should start things and I forget what she "should" be doing... but I guess none of that "should" crap really matters anyway-- they all do things at their own pace.
Looking back at Henry's, I would write that he'd go to bed after 8 each night around the 6 month mark... pretty much since 3-4 months old, Stella has gone to bed before 7:30 each night! You almost can't keep her up past 7 these days! She sleeps decent, even through teething. She wakes once, sometimes twice, or sometimes she sleeps through the night- you just never know. She doesn't even really cry when she wakes-- just fusses and as soon as she see's me above her crib, she just smiles! That's my favorite part and makes waking up from a deep sleep really not so bad...
Funny how they are the same, yet so different. Unique and wonderful- that's my babies!
1 comment:
Oooh...I love reading your baby posts, Shelly!!! I'll definitely be coming to you for parenting advice! Jeremy just said that to me yesterday....at least we have lots of friends who have already gone through this whole baby thing at least once, if not more. :)
Post a Comment