Tuesday, November 2, 2010

starting week 3 of daycare and Henry moves rooms at daycare

Our sweet Stella girl... I seriously pinch myself almost every day, because she is just the best baby!  She smiles and smiles all the time, she loves to be talked to, but yet it's great that I can set her under her little play mat and she's pretty content while I can get supper started or do some cleaning etc. She cries a little when she's tired or hungry but otherwise I hardly hear a peep from her.  She is starting to "talk" more-- it's so cute listening to her little noises.  She's even starting to giggle a little bit now!  She's getting so big, so so tall too- she's already into 6 month clothing, she must get that from the Pagel side because lord knows it wasn't from me!  Henry still just loves her, he calls me every day on his way home from daycare to tell me my Stella Girl Princess is sleeping and he'll ask "you having fun at work today mom"-- that boy cracks me up!

Stella is doing just fine at daycare, she still doesn't sleep like she does when she's at home, but it's progressively getting better.  The teachers say she never cries, so they think she's just fine. 

And my Henry boy -- he's transitioning into a new room at school this month.  In a couple of weeks he'll start visiting the "Discovery" room which is sort of like a pre-school room.  He'll start with 2 hour visits a couple days a week, then through lunch, then through nap time, then full time the last week of November!  EEK.  I know he probably doesn't care, but I get all worked up thinking he doesn't know anyone, but he'll probably remember some of the kids that used to be in his room-- they all move up from Toddlers when they hit 32 or 33 months I guess.  Then his best bud Garrison is only a month behind him in age I think.

Last week the Montessori had a Halloween parade in the school so I took the day off and had Stella with me in Henry's room for a couple hours while the kids got all dressed up and had special snacks, and then for the parade.  The infants also had a custume contest-- they all loved Stella's princess dress : ).  Henry had a lot of fun and I'm so glad I was there.

I'm doing ok with the daycare blues... I had short days my first week back and took that Friday off, then I took last Friday off too.  I still have lots of vacation days to use up by the end of the year! : )  I cannot wait til 4pm each day and I dread 5:20am when I wake a sleeping baby... Stella sleeps like a star (again I knock on wood and pinch myself here knowing it probaby won't last long).  She goes to sleep around 8:30 or 9ish and usually doesn't wake up at all, sometimes she wakes around 4ish for a quick 5 minute feeding, but then always right back to sleep.  I think Henry was the same way at this age, he slept great through the night until he started teething-- then I think it was (and still is) rare that he sleeps through the night.  Maybe once or twice a week he'll stay alseep in his own room, otherwise wakes up and comes in our room... it's funny that lately I don't even know that he's in our bed til I wake up snuggling with him some how... sneeky little kid! 

Henry had a great time handing out candy for our neighbors- he was so excited every time the door bell rang.  We went out early to our immediate family, then home in time to hand out candy to the neighors.  He was great at giving each kid a couple pieces of candy and saying "Happy Halloween" as they were leaving. 

Here are some pics I've been meaning to add for a while..

 Stella's beautiful baptism gown that my mom made for her
 Stella and her godparents- Taylor, Jenae and Beth
 Stella and all but one of her grandma's, grandpa's and great grandma's and grandpa's!
 Stella and Stella!  Love pictures with the two of them together!

 Starting to show signs of rolling ... the legs are hiked up and she gets to her side : )
 
 
 A week or two ago we went to visit Brendon at work and ride "in the big trucks" as Henry says : )

 These are the pumpkins that we grew up in the field by our house!

 Henry at school- just before the school parade
 Henry's toddler room class
 Henry and his best buddy Garrison
 Baby's first Halloween!  Thanks Grandma Pam for the cute outfit!
 I love how she holds her hands : )

 Henry STILL likes to walk around in mommy's shoes!  Nice look my man : )
 Getting ready to go trick or treating!
 Henry was getting the candy ready to hand out
 Rarrrrrrrrrr
 This is the morning after halloween at breakfast... he was pretty tired!
 Sweet smiles!

Henry likes to use this thing as a Skate Board... this video wasn't his best move, but you get the idea!  Brendon said we'll have to get him a real skate board next year!

2 comments:

Cassi said...

I love the picture of the three of them and stella is holding onto Henry! So cute!!

Shelly Pagel said...

I didn't even notice how she was holding onto Henry until you mentioned it-- now I like it even more! She sure loves her brother- when she hears his voice she looks all over for him! : ) Thanks Cas