Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Itsy Bitsy Stella

Stella had her first Dr appt yesterday (11 days old) her weight gain was pretty small, she's only 6lbs 3.5 oz. She was born at 6lbs 10.4 oz and when we left the hospital was 6lbs 2oz. The Dr wasn't really concerned, but wants me to bring her in on Friday for a quick weight check. For the first week she didn't eat often, but when she did eat, she ate really well. She is very hard to wake to eat, but just in the last few days she's been awake more and eating a lot more, so I think by Friday she'll be showing some good progress. Henry was pretty small at this age too, but by the 2 month visit he was growing really well, so hopefully Stella is the same way.

She's grown a lot in length, in 11 days she grew 1.25 inches! Maybe she'll be tall?? : ) Other than the weight gain, she's doing great!

After her Dr appt Stella and I went to pick up Henry from school, I set her down and the kids flocked to her and started touching her... Henry ran over and pushed them all away and said "no touching- that's MY sister" and then told me "let's go mom"... he's protective already! I love it! Part of the reason I always hoped to have a boy first- to get the older brother protective thing going... it was cute!

2 comments:

Mindi Kay said...

Oh boy is she tiny!!! FEED FEED FEED!!! My Doctor wouldn't let Cooper go any longer than 3-4 hours at the MAX in between feedings until he was back at birth weight- granted for Cooper that was only like 5 days after he was born! CHUBBY CHUBBY! She needs to get some meat on her bones! Looking forward to seeing you all on Saturday! :)

Jodi Duden-Clare said...

What a sweet big brother Henry is!! I love it!!