Monday, April 12, 2010

no more nukkie and 26 weeks

Henry never really used a nuk as a baby, and then at about 15 months old when we finally took away that last night-time bottle, he found a nuk somewhere and started loving it!  At daycare when he moved to the toddler room at 16 months they only let him have it at nap time, so we tried to only let him have it at bedtime... but we gave in sometimes and he'd have it during the day..   About a week ago one night at bedtime he was very crabby and I said you want your nukkie and he said "no" so from then on, I hid it.  Out of sight- out of mind right?  Yup- it worked- as simple as that for us!  He has asked for it a couple times during the day when he'd get mad, but I'd quickly change the subject and then all would be good.  It's been over a week now, so I think it's safe to report- we are nukkie free! Yippee.... Nuks certainly serve there purpose, but he was ready to be done with it.  I was worried about how to go about this process, so I'm so lucky it went so well.

Yesterday it was so warm out- but our son knows the routine of hat and coat before we go outside... earlier he had to have gloves on too (what a goof) then he added "moms glasses" to the pic.. he's so silly.  I tried to get him to take his coat off so many times, but he wasn't having it!

We got to have Brady at our house this past Friday..when we tell Henry Brady is coming over he goes "WILD" and then if he doesn't end up coming over he cries and cries for Brady Brady Brady... he sure loves his buddy Brady.  This pic was at the park a few houses down from our house, we were the first ones there and soon there were about 15 little kids there all between 2yrs and about 7 yrs old, so the boys had a blast and it was fun for me to hang with the parents in our neighboorhood too.

So Brady and Henry love to play and fight together- Brady tells the neighborhood kids (since he knows most of them from his school) that Henry is his little brother and I am his sister... he's so funny.  Sometimes he gets it right and says cousin.. it's cute either way! On Friday night there was no way Henry was going to bed with Brady staying up, so I decided to try to have them sleep in the same room.  Brady is great at sleeping anywhere- so we made a cute little bed for him on the floor next to Henry's bed.... Henry was so ramped up about Brady being in his room, he woldn't settle down.. so I laid with him in his bed and he was just talking and jumping around... pretty soon I hear Brady go "I knew this was a bad idea"... Brady quickly fell asleep and finally Henry did too- it was about 9:30!  Then at 5:45AM, the boys both run in our room and Brady goes I woke up so I woke Henry up too!  I was like great..... so they laid with us in bed until the sun came up and then I turned on the "toons" so we all laid in bed together for a good hour or so- so that was nice.. Then out to Brady's favorite- Little Oscars for breakfast-- Henry was very sad when Brady left, but we had a fun and productive day anyway.  : )

So I guess I'm 26 weeks prego today-- nothing new really, still freel great and starting to really grow.  I notice it totally depends on the shirt though- some shirts I look huge and others look like a normal 26 weeker..  other than that, we feel the baby move a lot, big kicks now and Henry likes to feel it too.  At my 28 week appointment we'll finally set the date for delivery!  : )

No comments: