Friday, April 2, 2010

Due Date Drama

Had my 24 (almost 25) week Dr appt this morning.  Baby's heartbeat was 160 bpm.. that is high! Last time I think it was 140-- must have been doing flips and extra busy in there today : ) 

So originally my due date was July 19th or could possibly be July 26th... but at our ultrasound 4 weeks ago the baby measured small and more like due date of August 2nd (though Henry measured small at the ultrasound too- and I knew exactly his date) but then when she measured me today- I measured 2 weeks ahead of schedule (she said I'm measuring at 26 weeks) so that just adds to our confusion of when to schedule this c-section... we don't want to schedule it too off or late since my fluids got really low with Henry but I don't want to go too early with my tendency to make a small baby... in 4 weeks at my next appt she said to come up with a date between July 19th and July 26th and we'll schedule the c-section for that and then we'll probably do an ultrasound around July 13th or 19th to make sure the fluid level is ok..  and if I'd happen to go into labor before that on my own- then awesome... but our back-up plan is the scheduled c-section.  Only bummer is she just booked a vacation to France for the 14-28 or something like that- so she won't be around to do my c-section (but that doesnt' really bother me-- can't even see the Dr anyway during the whole thing- and she didn't do Henry's either).  Typically she said we could do it on July 13th since I'd be about 39 weeks and she'd still be here- but given the issues with the due date and will probably have a small baby- she'd rather (and I'd rather) wait another week or so.. Ok- did you guys get all that?  Like I said- Due Date Drama!  But it will  work itself out in the next few weeks- we'll see if my measurements start matching up etc...

Last week My mom, dad, Angie, Brady, Henry and I went to Coates for brunch and to see the Easter Bunny!  At first the whole way there- Henry was going "no bunny" then as we were getting out of the car, we saw the Easter bunny walk in and he got so excited and said "bunny! bunny!".. he was not afraid of the bunny at all and loved all the chocolate the bunny gave out-- my child has sure developed a sweet tooth recently!

Brady and Henry were doing High Five, On the Side, cut the pickle- tickle tickle to the Easter bunny - it was soo cute!


Here is the Easter Bunny picture from 2 years ago when we did our brunch at Coates- Henry was only a couple weeks old!

No comments: