Wednesday, March 3, 2010

20 week Dr appt

Had my 20 week Dr appt this morning.  All things are great- I've only gained 6lbs thruogh this pregnancy so far- I feel like I eat a lot of junk lately too (like girl scout cookies) but it seems to be working!  : )  She said usually people gain a little more than that by this stage, but as long as I continue to gain a little each time then it's all good.  Baby's heartbeat is 152, 4 weeks ago it was 148- Henry's heartbeat at 20 weeks was 140.  Everything else is great- blood pressure continues to actually get better each time and I'm so glad they stopped doing the pee-in-a-cup thing before each visit- saves a lot of time!  I'll have another appt at 24 weeks- just a standard heartbeat check, then at 28 she'll do a full cervical check and I'll have the glucose test done too- then from there it's bi-weekly visits!

She asked me if we were going to find out the gender and I told her no and she was very excited for that.  She asked if I had a guess and I said not really, she said well it's a win win either way- if it's a girl you get a girl and one of each... and if it's a boy, then Henry get's a brother!  : )  Honestly, we don't care much what the gender is, but I do sort of think it would be great to have a brother for Henry.

We talked more about possible c-section again and we're just playing it out and seeing how I progress.  She said I can pick a date fort he c-section at 39, 40 or 41 weeks and if I would happen to go into labor before that- then that would be awesome.  I told her I liked the idea of closer to 41 weeks - partly because Henry was 41 1/2 weeks and only 6lbs 5oz...  so right now we'll just wait til I get further along to see how things progress.. In my head I'm ready for a repeat c-section, but if something happens where I can delivery naturally than that would be awesome-- the only nice thing about a c-section is I get 2 more weeks off PAID!  (2 weeks makes a huge difference on maternity leave).

Ultrasound tomorrow-- wahoo!  Can't wait to see our little baby moving around in there!

No comments: