Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Big Boy Bed!

Since Henry's been sick for practically the last 2 weeks straight- he's been sleeping in our bed with us- which is NOT a good thing.  We never let him sleep with us before, and now the child won't get out!  He won't go in his crib at all, so we figured we might as well pull out the big boy bed!  Brendon's sister gave us Landon's old bed which is perfect.  It's a simple little white bed that has the sides on the top part.. Angie and Brady made a surprise visit last night- so they helped take the crib apart (it wouldn't get out the door) and moved into the other room (future LP2's room) and then put it back together again... then the toddler bed is great because it uses the crib mattress.. so we just placed it right in there.. Brady and Henry had fun jumping on the bed, but Henry was not interested in laying down... finally about 8pm, Henry got really tired but would not lay down.. so I rocked him for a few minutes and he fell asleep and I put him in his bed.... he looked so stinkin cute in there!  He woke up about 11:30 but I quickly got him back to sleep, then about 4:30 he woke and I woke with a thump.. he had spun around and fallen off, so I put him back down and laid with him for a few minutes, thought he was asleep and as I snuck back into my bed, all the sudden there was a little body by my side of the bed... at that point I was just tired, so he zonked out in our bed until 5:30 which is when we get up.  So I guess all in all, not too bad but not great.  The hardest will be getting him to stay in his bed, but we'll get better... can't be any worse than sleeping with him in our bed... man that kid spins around kicks around at night!  I hope to find a cute border of tractors to match his new sheet set of tractors, and maybe paint the bottom of the walls... the top still has the alphabet that I stenciled on and I think is sort of cute...I'll take some pictures once it's done!  Wish us luck for a better night tonight!

3 comments:

StacyBraatz said...

JD has cute bedding, that is what Brady has! Yeah for the big bed, he will eventually get used to it, it may take a few interupted nights, but he will get it! How exciting and scary at the same time! I am keeping Owen in his crib until he is 18! LOL

Shelly Pagel said...

I hear ya Stacy-- I would have actually liked to keep Henry in the crib for a while longer... but while he was sleeping with us when he was sick, he just wouldn't have anything to do with the crib anymore... cribs are good and there is just no rush to push them to grow up any faster than they already are!!

Anonymous said...

Cribs used to be called "6 year cribs", to hold a child until they were 6! WOW!!