Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Combine

We've been super busy as always-- weddings, working around the house, and our new fun thing is combining! My dad needed some help with his crops this year, so Brendon got to learn how to combine! He loves it and Henry and I think it's fun too.. A couple times now Henry and I have gone to sit in the combine with Brendon. Tonight Brendon and Henry were out there on their own... I got there after 10 minutes or so of them starting and Henry was just sitting in the 2nd chair- holding his ball and staring out at the corn-just being such a good boy! Then he sat on my lap- I brought juice and a treat, and then he even fell asleep on my lap at 5:30! He loves grandpa's "BIG" tractor!
Henry's been so good lately, of course he has his normal tantrums every now and then, but for the most part, he's a great kid. He seems to be learning so much lately! He also went potty twice in one day at school.. it's mostly just once or twice a week he'll go, so we got excited when he went twice in one day. He talks like a maniac and most of it we can understand! He talks about his teachers and friends at school which is so stinkin cute.
Guess that is all for us...things are good and very busy- just the way we like it!


Here is Brendon and Henry in the combine!

Henry loves to wear our glasses-- these ones are Brendon's
The group from Jeremy Pacorek's wedding


Henry loves books or anything he can pretend to read-- I thought it was funny when he opened the Beacon to the Obituaries


Just another impromptu- he grabbed a magazine and sat on his bench to read it... he's in a fun phase, some nights I have to read a dozen or more books before bedtime! I know it's good though- so I enjoy it


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell Brendon THANKS. He's taken a lot of stress out of our lives this week.... Maybe in 15-18 years from now Henry will be able to run the combine without his daddy :)

Mom

StacyBraatz said...

How wonderful to have the little ones involved with farming!!!! I love to bring the boys to my dads, they love the tractors!!! And WTG Henry on your confrences, sounds like he is doing very well!!!