Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Toddler Room!?!!?

So my little man moved into the Toddler Room at daycare!! He was in the infant room from 10 weeks old til 16 months exactly. The infant room teachers made us promise to bring Henry back to visit now and then.. they just loved him. So now yesterday was his transition to the big kid room!! I was so nervous for him, and just as you'd guess, he did awesome! I'm glad to have a kid that isn't really shy and doesn't mind benig around new people. This toddler room thing is very different from infants. They get dropped off in a common room (cafeteria/gym) and eat cereal, fruit and milk and play- they even sit at the table to eat! Then they have scheduled activities all day long and during nap time they sleep on little cots! I was really anxious to hear if Henry would do that... he's in a crib at home and was in a separate room at daycare in a crib in the infant room to sleep.. but sure enough- he did great. They said he did it like he'd been doing it all along! I suppose those little kids see all the other kids do it and just do what they do.. All new activities and people -- I'm sure he'll be nice and worn out by the end of the days.. I'm really glad he's moved up now, I think he was sick and tired of being with those babies all day long! He wants to play with the big boys! Hopefully another great day today!

Henry at 5:45am-- getting ready to go off this first day of Toddler Room School! : )

Brendon got Henry his first golf game... oh gosh... " )

This was so funny. at the fair Henry loved the semi truck ride... he likes anything with a steering wheel. when the ride was done, he shut the door and said no... he did this about 4 times, and then Pam quickly got her camera out and caught this one...

4 comments:

Rapp family fun said...

Way to go Henry-the toddler room! Axel was so tired the first few weeks when he went to the toddler room. It's great that they keep them so busy. Henry is such a honey. Are you guys going camping? I can't wait to see you again!

Shelly Pagel said...

I think we're planning on it-- Henry and I will probably just go Saturday though.. See you there!

Anonymous said...

He sure is a morning boy! Look at that smile so early in the morning!

Shelly Pagel said...

he has no choice! HA