Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Update on our bruiser

Our little bruiser is doing just fine. Henry apparently got a lot of attention at daycare yesterday, they told Brendon all the little kids were going up to him and checking out his eye. He still has quite the black eye-- hopefully it continues to heal well, and only a little scar. Henry seems to be dealing with it great, he's just as happy as can be.

I didn't have time to take any new pictures this morning, but I'll get some tonight. Last night, Tuesday, we went out to eat with my family in Eagan for Beth's birthday. It was really good Mexican food! Henry had fun and kept giving my mom hugs-- it was so funny, he's actually try to turn her and then hug her.... she loved it! It's interesting being out with a baby that has a black eye and bandages on... I always think people are looking at us like normal and oh what a cute kid... but now it's oh no...what happened! Oh well, these things happen.

Henry's appettite has really changed.. he finally will eat chicken nuggets or strips.. eat ate them when he was really little then would never eat them.. not that we try too much, I try to stay away from the fried food for him, but when we are out- it's hard to get things for him. He also loves toast, cheese, Apple Sauce (all the berry apple sauces too) grilled cheese, any kind of pasta, tuna helper, mac-n-cheese, etc, most fruits and some veggies. He used to love veggies, and now, not so much. There is a lot more of course, but those are the fav's I think. He doesn't like much meat either- but that is pretty normal. This past week at Easter #1 with the Pagels/Dudens Henry got to eat his first cookie! He sure did like that! Last night at the restaraunt he ate his first chip-- he really liked that too! Things like that are only treats and not a very common occurance. We'd like to keep him off the salt and sweets as long as possible, but it's also hard to do. I know soon he'll love all the kid favorites.

I'll get some photo's up tonight or tomorrow.

4 comments:

Jodi Duden-Clare said...

Oh Henry...sorry to hear you got a boo boo!!! You still look SO DARN CUTE with your smiles!!! We're gonna have to call you "The Crusher". I wonder if your dad knows who that is? Your Great Great Grandpa Leonard Duden used to call Gary "The Crusher" when he was little. If your dad doesn't know who that is he'll have to call Grandpa Ken and ask him. I hope your shiner goes away soon and you're good as new!

Shelly Pagel said...

Thanks Jodi-- not sure if daddy knows the crusher-- but mom does!! I grew up watching wrestling : )

Mindi Kay said...

Miley is the same way with the veggies.. she use to eat them and now- she gags and is so dramatic its like she had just tried eating do-do or something! I talked to the Dr and he said that at this age as long as they are eating fruits OR veggies well- that is all that matters, they know that eventually they will come around to the other. So keep pushing those fruits if that is what he prefers right now! Try the exotic ones- like all the berries and pineapple.. those are Miley's FAVORITES!

Shelly Pagel said...

Ya- Henry likes most fruit, blueberries he loves to try, but usually spits them out, he likes strawberries, Kiwi, pinneapple, peaches, bananna's, pears... thinking I should try some Mango's soon too. He sometimes eats veggies.. he ate a few pieces of carrots last night and the other day actually ate a few beans... so I guess a little is better than none. Smart kids though- who wouldn't rather eat sweet fruits over veggies! : )