Sunday, September 13, 2009

new patio

Busy weekend once again... Saturday all day Ken and Little and Brendon worked on our patio-- it was so much work! I helped where I could, helped fill a couple wheel barrows but most of my job was to keep Henry out of the way. Then we went to a wedding reception Saturday night, home and then our neighbors got us to come over and hang out til the wee hours of the morning, then it was football sunday while the Pagel's took Henry to Jesse James Days in Northfield for a couple hours, then off to celebrate Brady's birthday a couple days late... fun days!

My mom dancing with Brady, Jack and Henry-- they were very good dance moves!
Happy 5th Birthday Brady!!!
Riding in the "Chariot" to go get some squash


Filling the bucket



Look closely, Henry is dumping his bucket full of rock into the wheel barrow for Ken... what a good helper!



Henry had fun scooping the rock into his bucket





Grandpa and Henry-- Henry put my garden gloves on and ran to "bapa"- he was ready to work




This was our patio after Brendon and I picked up over 2000 paver bricks! That was a lot of work-- for those that had been over, the people that lived her before us did not do their patio right.. the bricks were all uneven and a major trip hazard, and you had step down almost a foot from the patio door to the floor.. not good. So Little, Ken and Brendon worked their butts off, and raised it all and re-layed about 3/4 of the bricks.. we made it smaller and then added a sandbox on for Henry- he loves sandboxes! Still some finishing and landscaping to do, but that will get done soon I hope-- I'll post final pictures then!


My mom and Henry on the 4wheeler- I think this is Henry's favorite thing ever... mom was even letting him drive and push the gas too! He loved it- my camera ran out of memory- so it was short but you get it... when they'd stop he'd just bounce up and down- super cute.


1 comment:

Rapp family fun said...

Henry is such a good helper! His little bucket is super cute. It looks like you guys were busy this weekend.