Thursday, October 18, 2007

Week 21

21 weeks and going strong. Still in my regular pants, but the rubberband trick is all that works for me now : ) I tried on my maternity pants I bought and they are just too big still. It's an akward stage to be in when nothing fits.

I read an article last week at the doctors office that keeps me thinking, it said don't worry if you don't have absolutely everything ready or everything you want for your new baby, for the first few months all you need is a bassinet for them to sleep close to you, along with a few other obvious essentials. But it talked about not having rooms ready and all the clothing and things like that. I worry about trying to sell our house because I don't want to make a baby's room in a house we won't be living in. This article made me feel much better, even if it doesn't sell by February, I guess it's not really important to have all that little stuff done by the time LP shows up. Wherever we end up moving too, once we're in, then we can go crazy on making a home for for the baby!

LP is moving a lot-- it feels like more than just little flutters or the occasional kick now. During the ultrasound the baby was in a breech position, then the very next morning at the dr appt, my doc said the baby must have flipped into the normal head down position already from where she was scanning for the heartbeat. They said the baby still has lots of room in there, so they move all the time.

All for now

2 comments:

Jodi Duden-Clare said...

I totally agree with the article! New born babies need mommies and daddies and diaper wipes! lol.. Back in the old days, it wasn't uncommon to have new borns in a dresser drawer in the parents bedroom. Ask around, I'm sure you'll find someone who's parents or grandparents did that. A bassinet is a huge one up on that!! :) It's a lot smarter to wait until you move and get settled to decorate a room. Sometimes nursery rooms are not a wise investment anyway because by the time the child is 5 or so, he/she doesn't want a baby room anymore and then you have to change it again!

Shelly Pagel said...

Well thanks to you I have a cute bassinet!! I haven't thought too much about a room, but I know I'm not much of a decorator-- so hopefully we can make a room that will last a while and stay in style. But I don't get too hung up 'necessities' that I don't even know that I'll really need, so it might be better to get all the "sutff" after baby comes. That is funny about the dresser drawer thing- it reminds me of that Sienfeld episode where Kramer put the chinese guys in his drawers and they got stuck! : )