Saturday, August 11, 2007

The Heartbeat! Week 11

I had an appt this past Friday, it was my 11 week appt - the first real appointment! I left from work and got to the clinic and there was Brendon and his boss in the parking lot! I told Brendon he didn't have to take a whole day off for this appt, but his boss wasn't having it, so they drove from Lonsdale to Woodbury for the appt, then over to Burnsville for the rest of their day. So Brendon joined me for the good part-- the HEARTBEAT! : ) It took just a few seconds and there it was - a speedy little beat! She said it sounded very healthy- about 160. My doctor also mentioned that she usually can't hear the beat as well as she could, so this was great and all points sign to a healthy little Pagel! Brendon and I were smiling from ear to ear-- it was about the coolest thing we've ever heard! I had a hard time even really believing I was pregnant because I feel so good and normal, but this confirmed it all! : )

So we finally got to tell everyone! I really wanted to wait to tell as many people as I could until after this appointment to confirm everything was going OK. It's been fun telling people- and now I'm finding out how many people Brendon leaked the news to early--- he really couldn't wait and is so happy!

1 comment:

Angie said...

I'm VERY excited for you both!! I've wanted a neice or nephew even longer than i've wanted a brother-in-law...and now i have both!! I'm looking forward to finding out if it's a boy or a girl so i can start the serious shopping!!!

Also- this blog is a GREAT thing to keep up for the first few years and give to your kid some day!!

Love-
Auntie Angie and cousin Brady